la-paciencia

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Baby Countdown...


Yes, I am now onto my 30 weeks of pregnancy which only leaves me 10 weeks to go...

The above picture is the 28th week ultrasound. You might have to tilt your head a bit to figure out what position baby chan is in. His/her head is on the right, and I think that he/she is sucking the thumb. This baby sure loves to take pictures as this is already my fifth ultrasound. When I went for my monthly checkup, my ob found out that I was measuring small....for every week, I am supposed to grow one cm. So, at 28 weeks, I was only measuring 24cm....and off I went for another ultrasound just to ensure that baby is growing normally. I was a bit nervous going for the ultrasound but it turned out great...the technician told me that baby looks good and that I have nothing to worry about. Phew!

Baby Chan is measuring about 10.5 inches from crown to rump, and is about 3 lbs. He/she is slowing losing the lanugo (early body hair) and his/her eyelids can now open and close. The skeleton hardens even more and the brain, muscles, and lungs continue to mature. I am feeling a lot more kicking and punching these days esp. during early morning and after dinner. I don't have a lot of cravings and I have to eat a lot of smaller meals throughout the day as I tend to get heartburn quite easily. I have not swelled up yet so I can still wear my wedding ring! I am still waiting for the day that I wake up all swelled up and for my feet not to fit my regular shoes.

I am a bit more tired but I have more energy than my first trimester. I still feel good enough to continue practicing hatha yoga, swimming and walking the dogs! My goal is to gain no more than 30lbs!!! We shall see what happens ;)

Being prego has taught me to enjoy the stillness of life and not being afraid and ashamed to ask for help. I tend to hate asking help from people and I am slowly learning to depend on others. Prego life in general is a lot slower, for example, it takes me a lot longer to walk up (or should I say "waddle" up) the small hill as it seems to be this huge mountain.

I hope that you are having a great week thus far...and thanks for reading my baby blog!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi.. i'm cricket's little sister... i just wanted to congratulate you - i'm glad that being preggy has been a heart-warming experience thus far... god bless.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Isabel,
I'm so excited for you as your due date gets closer and closer. We can't wait for Avarie's new friend to arrive.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home